With Mother's Day this weekend many of us are trying to think of what we can do to spoil our own mothers, or the mother of our children. We often think of books, massages, flowers, and things to help them feel spoiled and appreciated. Here at Mother Beverage, we believe that taking care of yourself is part of a healthy lifestyle and not something that should just happen once in a while; like on Mother's Day, Father's Day, or your birthday.
So why is it so important to take care of yourself? How dose it benefit your health? Research shows many benefits of self care. Here are some of our favorite benefits:
- Self care prevents a "burn out" - As we take care of ourselves and constantly manage what's on our plate we are able to prevent the meltdowns and stress of being over run and over tired.
- Self care reduces stress - Taking time for your allows you to focus on what really matters in your life. Stress can eventually break down your mind and body so it's important to take time to let it go.
- Self care helps you refocus - It renews you, gives you the energy you need to take care of yourself and your responsibilities.
We reached out on our social media outlets to find out how our customers like to take care of themselves. Take a look at the list of some of our favorites and try finding a new way you can take time for you. It's worth it.
- Sarah said, "Eat healthy, work out, stretch and take hot baths with occasional wine and dark chocolate"
- Ella said, "I love a good ol deep tissue massage or cryo + normatec. If I want to treat myself to a healthy meal, it's always True Food Kitchen!"
- Laura said, "Yoga. I love being able to stretch, strengthen, sweat, and relax all at the same time. I also love a hot bubble bath."
- Lydia said, "Putting my feet up, drinking a cold Mother Beverage, and watching the sunset."
- Some of our favorite at Mother Beverage include:
- Eating healthy
- Drinking Mother Beverage
- Getting outside to enjoy nature, sunshine and your surroundings
- Relaxation and meditation
- Dark chocolate and a favorite book
- Affirmations - It's so important to tell yourself how awesome and loved you truly are!
- Spending time with loved ones
Let us know in the comments your favorite way to keep yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually strong. Cheers to your health!